Review I e.l.f Pinktastic Baked Blush


elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review
elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review

e.l.f released their Studio Line Baked Blushes at the beginning of last year along with some baked bronzers and eyeshadows. It wasn't long after this that I decided to pick up Pinktastic which had already been quite well reviewed at the time. If you would like to find out my thoughts on this product, read on...

elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review
elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review

The basics at a glance:

Packaging: Black round plastic compact with a clear lid
Designed for: The cheeks
Consistency: Finely milled mica & talc pressed powder 
Scent: N/A
Size: 6 g / 0.21 oz
Price: £3.95
Available from: e.l.f UK

There are four shades of baked blush to choose from and Pinktastic is the lightest of all the shades available. My biggest gripe with this 'blush' is probably that it's hardly a blush at all but is in fact a beautiful light gold highlighter with a champagne pink undertone. 

elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review
elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review

elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review
elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Review

elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Swatch
elf Baked Bush in Pinktastic Swatch
Now we've got the slight negative out of the way, lets get onto the positive! The pigmentation is very good and if your looking to create a subtle, slightly frosted glow, a little bit of product will go a long way. If applied too heavily, this can start to look noticeably shimmery rather than naturally glowing. 

The shading is very complimentary and versatile; I'm pretty sure that you could pair this with any color blush or skin tone and still achieve a lovely finish. I personally have pale, cool toned skin and find that gold highlighters are not usually very complimentary but with the addition of pink veining running through this product, it actually works very well for me.

The formula is silky smooth and easy to work with and the product has minimal fallout. I've also found Pinktastic to be very long lasting compared to some other drugstore blushes. I can always still see Pinktastic on my face even after a very long day.

I usually opt for a matt base as I find this longer lasting but I do like to add some extra dimension to my face with a nice shimmery blush or highlighter and this one has been working really well for me. I like to apply it in all of the usual places you would normally apply a highlighter (top of cheek bones, brow bone and cupids bow.) I also like to occasionally liven up a matt blush with a touch of this on top!

The packaging could be stronger but mine is still in great condition after almost a year but I do still like to store it in the original box for added protection. 


I've been enjoying using this blush come highlighter for almost a year now and it's become a very well established and welcome part of my everyday makeup routine.

Have you tried any of the baked products from e.l.f yet?


Hanna x

Bloglovin’ I Twitter I YouTube I Facebook